We Respect Your Privacy
The Alzheimer Society of Ontario recognizes your right to privacy and pledges to protect it. We are aware of our responsibilities under the federal Personal Information and Electronics Documents Act (PIPEDA).
The Collection of Personal Information
Why does the Alzheimer Society of Ontario collect your Personal Information? The Alzheimer Society of Ontario collects Personal Information about you and uses it for the following reasons:
– To protect against violations of criminal or civil laws (“security”);
– To verify and process credit card information of visitors making donations on this website;
– To process tax receipts;
– For marketing purposes. We may use donor contact information to request donations or send you information on the Azheimer Society of Ontario;
– To better understand your interests and improve the services we provide. The Alzheimer Society of Ontario also may prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to determine satisfaction with this website and with any services offered by the Alzheimer Society of Ontario. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
What type of Personal Information does the Alzheimer Society of Ontario collect?
The Alzheimer Society of Ontario collects various types of Personal Information that you volunteer while making a donation, completing a survey, registering in our guest book or other “onsite” registrations. You may provide such Personal Information as name, address and e-mail address and may be asked to provide unique identifiers and demographic information (such as address, postal code). The Alzheimer Society of Ontario will use your Personal Information to contact you for support purposes. You have the option to delete your information from our database.
How does the Alzheimer Society of Ontario collect Personal Information?
The Alzheimer Society of Ontario may obtain and collect your Personal Information through the following means:
– When visiting this website, the web server automatically logs (records) domain name and standard information about the operating system and web browser you are using, as provided by your web browser. This information is used for statistical purposes to help us manage our site, but it does not identify you in any way.
– Manual and Electronic Forms. When making a donation to the Alzheimer Society of Ontario or registering on this website, you may be asked to complete various forms providing various types of Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
How The Alzheimer Society of Ontario Protects Your Privacy
This website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to ensure the integrity and privacy of the personal and credit card information you provide when you make an online donation or register for an event.
We maintain records of all contributions to the Alzheimer Society of Ontario. All information is kept private and confidential, stored in a secure location and accessible only by authorized staff.
Any Personal Information you submit will not be released prior to your consent to any third parties, excluding those contracted by the Alzheimer Society of Ontario to provide services.
The Alzheimer Society of Ontario will use your Personal Information to contact you for support purposes. If you wish to be removed from our contact database, please tell us by calling (416) 967-5900 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Verifying and Amending your Personal Information
Resolving Your Concerns
If you would like more information about the Alzheimer Society of Ontario’s Personal Information collection, use and disclosure practices or you would like to better understand and verify what Personal Information we have collected about you, please contact us by telephone at (416) 967-5900. We can assist you in correcting any inaccurate information. Please let us know about your questions or concerns and we will do our best to help you.